Garmin Aviation Tech Support
Now fly high safe with the most reliable aviation support that can fix multiple issues for you including these under mentioned.
Getting trouble with finding the Unit ID?
So you’re unable to locate your device’s ID number, No worries, let us guide you. First of all, you must know that there are two types of numbers that you will find in your gadget. One is the Serial Number and other is the Unique ID number or commonly known as System ID.
The serial number is solely used for warranty and registration prospects and is engraved and or printed on each unit. Whereas the system ID is solely purposed for database downloads and updates. Each of the download or the update is specific to this number.
That is why any error in this number results in updating issues. So it is very important that you must be aware of your Unit ID. For each series of Garmin Aviation gadget, there are different patterns to locate the ID number. Given below are some of the examples of how to find ID number for the different series gadget.
- For Portable devices like Aera 5XX series, 660 and the 7XX series, the unit ID number can be found in the database information under the “Tools”.
- Also, for almost every GPSMAP series, the unit ID can be located in the system information under the menu tab.
- And for Panel mount series such as GTN 7XX or 6XX, the system ID can be found on the top of the screen.
- For rest of the gadgets, you can chat, call or email the Garmin tech support representative to get complete information.
Issues with Purchasing Database Updates
Many users have reported that they are encountering with certain issues while purchasing the database updates. And most of these users have the Aera 500 series. So if you are also one of these, then marking these checkpoints can help you out.
- Ensure that you’re using the correct unit ID. If you don’t know how to clarify that, read the section above.
- In case you have a pre-created device profile, tap on the device profile name instead of “Add a device.”
- Ensure that your device is well connected to the Internet.
- Never use the SERIAL NUMBER or the BARCODE instead of the UNIT ID number.
- Always attempt to update the database under the guidance of Garmin Help executives.
“Garmin Aviation Tech Support is an award-winning support provider for every Garmin aviation Gadget and is a subsidiary of Customer support for Garmin. Our Support executives are available 24/7 worldwide at 1-844-742-9742. ”
Unable to download the database to your panel mount device?
If you’re unable to update your Aviation mount panel device with the new database, then execute these steps:
- Navigate to the Flygarmin.com and tap on the devices tab.
- Here tap on the “Add Device”.
- Select the picture if the device that you wish to be added.
- Then you will be prompted to type in the system ID number of your device.
- Choose the desired Aircraft.
- Next, follow all the on-screen instructions carefully.
- Add the device and the chosen aircraft.
- Tap on the regions for which you wish to update the device.
- Finally, install updates and you’re done.
Note: In case you’re unable to find the ID number read the section below and for any other queries, you may ask for Garmin Help at 1-844-742-9742.
Disclaimer: setupgarmingps.com is a totally independent and completely autonomous technical service provider. We provide technical support for all the major vendors and third party products. Any third party trademarks, logos, names of brands and products given on website are for information purpose only. We in no means are advocating any affiliation or connection to any product or brand, neither do we sponsor any product any brand or any service.